Begin 2019 with me and spend 7 transformational days preparing to make 2019 YOUR YEAR.
This challenge officially ran from 26 December 2018 to 1 January 2019, hosted by yours truly @chloeawilson. Each day I posted a task to complete and post about on Instagram (posting about it was optional). I once again thoroughly enjoyed hosting this challenge, so much so that I thought I would publish the entire challenge again in one blog post so that those that missed out or anyone else that might be interested can do the challenge in their own time during the beginning of this year. All you will need to participate is a notebook and pen.
#DarlingthisisYOURYEAR! Are you ready to make 2019 your best year yet?
Day 1 - ‘Create YOUR mantra’
A mantra is a sound, syllable or set of words one recites as part of a meditative or spiritual experience. I have always loved the origin and reasoning behind mantra’s, and have personally found that having one gives me a focus, a point of which to work toward whether it’s to do with a feeling or a physical movement forward in my journey.
Task: Create your very own mantra for 2019 and write it in your challenge notebook, today is all about creating a vibe for this challenge and for YOUR New Year. An example of a mantra for a New Year could be past, present or future, such as ‘I am enough’, ‘I deserve to be happy’, ‘I am doing great, keep going’, ‘The best is yet to come’ or simply.. ‘This is my year’. Think about how you want your New Year to feel, and importantly.. think about how YOU want to feel. What do you want to tell yourself, what do you want to remind yourself of? Don’t underestimate the power of words and how you speak to yourself.
Day 2 - ’Set YOUR goals’
So, you’ve created your mantra for 2019 which means you have an idea of how you want 2019 to feel, but how about what you want to achieve? Now I know what you’re thinking.. you set goals year after year and then you find yourself disappointed when you don’t achieve them, I get it (trust me). This time is going to be different, I promise. You will notice that in this task we won’t be giving your goals specific ‘due dates’, we will simply be setting them. Setting goals is still an important move to make for a New Year, it’s the pressure that we more often than not apply to them and ourselves that isn’t always necessary and can cause more harm than good.
Task: Set 3 goals for 2019 and write them in your challenge notebook, but before you go ahead and jot down any 3 goals, we are going to give them specific guidelines..
1. Set a short term everyday goal
2. Set a long term goal for the year
3. Set a dream goal (don’t be afraid to make it big, darling)
When setting your goals try not to use the words ‘I would like to’, ‘I want to’ etc. Using power driven words like ‘WILL’ instead is a lot more motivating when it comes to goal setting. An example of a short term goal could be.. ‘I will drink 2 Litres of water daily’ (or whatever your recommended amount is for your lifestyle), an example of a long term goal could be.. ‘I will save $$$$$ dollars’, an example of a dream goal could be ‘I will write a book’.
Day 3 - ‘Make YOUR plans’
They say.. a goal without a plan is just a wish. I personally believe that there really is some truth behind this, because how is one meant to begin to achieve said goal when they don’t have a plan of action in place.
Task: For each of your 3 goals that you set I now want you to make 3 plans that you can do today or as soon as you can (sooner rather than later), to help you start moving toward your goals in the right direction. Write these in your challenge notebook as ‘to-do’s’ so that you can tick them off or even add to it as you think of more.
Do you need to..?
- find a 2 Litre water bottle or lunch bag ready for your health goal
- research/call gyms or studios ready for your fitness goal
- open up a high interest bank account ready for your savings goal
- create a detailed budget ready for your finance goal
- begin journaling about any of those 3am ideas you have had for that book writing goal
- create a vision board of where you want to go for your travel goal
- fill out your 2019 diary in advance to keep you on track and motivated about your goals
- tell your family and friends about your goals (telling your loved ones not only is a great way to hold yourself accountable, but you are creating a beautiful support system too, if they know about your goals they can help and support you - support and success go hand in hand)
Day 4 - ‘Treat YOURself’
You’ve just completed day 3 of the challenge and I want you to know how proud I am of you, and you should be too. Today is the half way mark so I thought to celebrate (yes we are totally celebrating early) we would treat ourselves in between. Now ‘treat’ can mean different things to different people, depending on what they are seeking. I want you to look at today as an opportunity to do something that’s 100% for you before the end of this year, treating yourself isn’t selfish, isn’t something that we all deserve sometimes, but yet more often than not overlook how powerful it can be when we spend so much time doing for others, and therefore once again it gets pushed aside or lost completely.
Task: Choose how you are going to treat yourself today and write it in your challenge notebook, and of course.. go do it!
You could treat yourself by..
- sleeping in or taking a nap
- making a cuppa and sitting in the sunshine while you drink it or taking yourself out for a barista made coffee (one of my most favourite things to do)
- watching your favourite movie while you have a hair mask in
- taking a few minutes to read a chapter of your favourite book you keep not having time for
- shopping is totally permitted as a way of treating yourself too, if it’s done mindfully and not putting you out of your budget, I’m all for it
Today’s task is simply about doing something just for you, it doesn’t have to be extravagant, just something that makes you smile, something that makes you happy.
Day 5 - ‘Make YOUR amends’
In my challenges I always like to include a task where you take a moment to let go and forgive, because making amends is an important factor in moving forward.
Task: Take a quiet moment for yourself, somewhere on your own for as long as your day permits and really sit with yourself, think about anything that has been or still is making you feel uneasy, unhappy, upset, angry or even confused and then write this in your challenge notebook along with how you are going to make amends with it.
What you could let go of/forgive..
- let go of any accounts on social media that don’t make you feel good, you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life, hit that unfollow button
- let go of any clothes that you don’t wear anymore because they don’t suit/fit, clutter is pressure, donate them and make room in your life for what does
- forgive yourself for any negative thoughts you’ve had towards yourself this year, your body needs your love, write yourself a love letter to read any time these thoughts creep back in
- forgive yourself for anything you’ve done this year that you aren’t proud of, I don’t want you to look back anymore, because darling.. you aren’t going that way
Day 6 - ‘Manifest YOUR future-self’
This might just be one of the most powerful things you do for your New Year which is why I have chosen this as the second last task and the last for 2018.
Task: Using the goals you have set during this challenge, manifest your ideal future-self by depicting your best self and life this day next year, 31 December 2019, be as descriptive as possible and write it in your challenge notebook. From how you are feeling, what you look like, what you are wearing, where you are, what you are doing, what the weather is like and importantly.. what you have accomplished in 2019 by that time. I want you to depict your best, ideal self and life, this exact time next year.
Are you feeling.. happy? calm?
Do you look.. healthier? different?
Are you wearing.. your favourite dress? your own clothing line?
Are you currently.. at home? overseas?
What are you doing.. reading? spending time with your loved ones?
Is the weather.. sunny? nice and cool?
Have you.. moved? written that book?
I want you to once again dream big (as big as you can darling) and relish in doing this task. There is absolutely no right or wrong, there is no pressure to become this exact version of you and end up living out this exact situation, but there is power in dreaming and manifesting. Life is all about the energy you emit and the perspective you choose. You are who you believe you are.
Day 7 - ’Begin YOUR YEAR’
Today’s the day where you stop looking back, because darling you are not going that way. Today’s the day where you walk with your head held high, because darling you have done the preparation. Today’s the day where you will begin to live your best year yet, because darling you deserve to.
Task: Today I want you to..
- take 5-10 minutes to go over all of your entries you have made in your challenge notebook (or wherever you have written your daily tasks down) to instill your vision for YOUR YEAR
- take a deep breath in and then out and recite your manta to begin YOUR YEAR with direction (repeat this 3 times)
- establish your WHY, your reason, your drive, your purpose.. your WHY for making 2019 YOUR YEAR then write this in your challenge notebook
I want you to know how proud I am of you for your commitment to yourself over the last 7 days. I believe in you so much and you should too, you now have all the tools you need to make this your best year yet.
If you do this challenge I would absolutely love to know how you went in the comments below and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Also, if you would like to join in via Instagram use the challenge hashtag #DarlingthisisYOURYEAR and tag myself @chloeawilson in the caption and directly in the photo as well.
I really hope you enjoy this sparkly way to start the year as much as I did creating it and participating in it alongside my community.
Darling, this is YOUR YEAR!!!!!!!
All my love,